Friday, March 24, 2006

Flying banana

I'm off to Malaysia on Friday 24/3.

Many things to do back in my hometown. First thing would be YekLeng's wedding. I'm his MC and I haven't been to many wedding reception dinner myself, so I'm doing some last minute research on what to say... If you understand Chinese, here's some resources.

Then I'll go to some nice beaches on the east coast of Malaysia with my girlfriend and family. I shall visit my high school as it has been my regular activity over every holiday back home. Have some chat with my teachers and see how the school is doing, maybe have a little chat session with the students, let them inspire me.

And I bring all my matlab codes and research literature with me and hope over the 5 weeks, I'll get 2 weeks to keep working on my research, otherwise by the time I'm back, I'll have to spend a while to get back into where I left off. I'd like to do some writing there. As the thesis is going to be due in not very distant future.

And of course spending lots of quality time with the people I love would make the trip worth.

I'd also get my a good supply of the thing I need to last me till the next time I get back, which I predict would be when I finish my PhD.

And I won't forget to bring back the armouring Tshirt to protect myself.

Lastly, why flying banana? Because I bring out my yellow jumper today as the weather turns really cold. So I'm back to my banana look. Haha!! Well, folks in Perth, you'll see this bright yellow happy face back in May.

Depending on how the internet is, I'd try to keep you posted with my holiday back in Malaysia. Take care.

No comments: