Friday, April 07, 2006

Good to be home 2

Continued from previous story a while ago.

So after the wedding, I stayed in JB for another night and followed a KL friend's car to get to Seremban (about 1 hour south of KL). Got to Seremban at 5pm+ and I set off with my girlfriend and some of her friends to KL to attend a forum discussing about a current issue of Chinese primary school internal corruption cases. Got back and had some further chat with the friends and finally went to bed at 2am+, and the next morning, we had planned to go to the east coast for vacations. Oh....

Anyway, not enough sleep, but my girlfriend and myself are still very excited about it. So we set off a little later than planned, and had 3 days of very sweet and relaxing stay in Kijal and Teluk Cempedak on the east coast of peninsular Malaysia.
Beautiful resort, nice warm water, big waves of South China Sea, bright hot sun for perfect photographs...

The food there are great too. We had breakfast included in the accommodation and it's buffet style. I got to sample a great range of Malaysian food that I had long for ages all at the same time - roti canai, nasi lemak, rendang, ketupat... Yumm.

And we went out for some local specialities hunt as well. One of the special food at Kijal/Cukai area is stuffed crab - stir fry crab meat with some vegies stuffed back into crab shell and covered with egg, then the whole thing deep fried to seal up. Pretty cool.
And the coffee and charcoal toasted bread at Hai Peng in Cukai is not to be missed. Thick pieces of white bread toasted and top with butter and kaya... absolutely delicious!
Satay Zul near Teluk Cempedak has great Satay and Nasi lemak. It's at the intersection (T-junction) of two main streets.
There's this "durian bom" and BBQ bun in Kuantan.

Tired again. That's about my busy schedule. After the trip, it was a bit more relax and I have time to go back to YongPeng and rest for a while...
Now I'm in Seremban again, at my brother's place, enjoying his wireless broadband in aircon room. Hahaha!!! Sweet!

5 comments:

Shih Ching said...

Chinese primary school internal corruption cases? Maybe you should just stay with your Power Rangers research... :P

Tzu Yen said...

Haha! I'm not sticking my finger in, yet, just be informed about it.
Ya, want to finish my power ranger research so I can have super strong finger to stick into anything. Muahahah!!

Ir. Dr. K.C. Ng said...

Hey,
Good to hear that you are enjoying yourself here in Malaysia. Have lotsa fun and remember to recharge before going back to Perth :) What about this currption in Chinese school? did u hear the news? They might be standardising the education system thus phasing out chinese schools.

Ir. Dr. K.C. Ng said...

Oh yea remember to add the link to the photos u post up yea :)hehhe then can fill me up about the trip there too...the place sounds really nice!

Tzu Yen said...

ya, wawasan school. Lots of Malays thought because we learn Chinese, it jeopadise our ability to love this country. But it's not true. Even making everyone speaks only one language, the problem is still there, but it kills off people's freewill to choose. And that's a crime in my opinion.