Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm touched by Annalakshmi

It's unreal!

Imagine on the bank of Swan River, second floor fine restaurant besides the Bell Tower.
Imagine beautiful basmati rice, spicy curry, fresh vegetables, fine indian cuisine.
Imagine endless helpings, eat to your heart's content.

How much do you think a meal like that will cost you?

On the front page of Annalakshmi brochure it writes

Eat
to your heart's content and
pay
what your heart feels



Yee Ting told me about this place. Derong had some incident today so he didn't cook. So we went to check out this Annalakshmi restaurant that provides FREE vegetarian food.
The place is situated besides the Bell Tower, beautifully overlooking the river with Kings Park and city light from the other side of river reflecting on the serene water. The food is mouth watering. The basmati rice is so fluffy, and the other one has some spices in it which makes it very tasty by its own.

I had two helpings, and I was so very full and satisfied. Yummmmmm. When we left, I donated $5, which my heart feels happy. :)

It will be a restaurant I'd frequent. And it's vegetarian! Hmm... Yes, I've been trying on vegetarian diet since I'm back to Perth. So, it's been almost 2 weeks I have not eaten big chunk of meat. A BBQ pork bun was the max amount of meat I had since I'm back.
I'm still functioning pretty well, and my digestive system seems to like it. So I shall continue with it.
I'm not on any religious reason or I cannot take meat. Just minimize the intake of meat for the greater good. Natural fresh food is the way to go! Not vegetarian meat, deep fried potatoes, artificially flavoured processed that's neither meat nor vegies...

Check out
the Story behind Annalakshmi, I'm so touched to see such non-profit organisation can function and run so well. The restaurant is run by volunteers and the proceeds go to The Temple of Service, a charity organisation that provide free food and medical services in india.
I'm particularly moved by their grand vision to serve. Anyone walks in to be their guest, and the anyone includes really everyone, without any condition (even the hardest of all, can you pay?). It's such a grand vision, embracing all.


You cannot put a price on the food prepared by a mother or a wife, and this is why at Annalakshmi you - eat as you like and pay as you feel.

No comments: