Thursday, May 11, 2006

Yong Peng house 3D model

I'm obsessed with 3D modelling! And the new Sketch Up 3D modelling software released by Google is a great tool to use. It's a lot easier to model than anim8or I used before. Though it lacks the precise dimension and placement functionality in this version (not sure if it is included in the comercial version), general modeling of house and stuffs is pretty easy. And it has some sample texture that is good enough to make the model look real in an hour or first trial.

I started learning it and tried modeling my old house in Malaysia from memory. It turned out to be very satisfying. Simple, clean and the file size is manageable (~1MB) so far.

Here are some picture of it to show off my ~15hours of work.

Same view but different rendering modes


Non-perspetive view of floor plan and standard engineering drawign views


A view from my parents' room into the living room. Doors, windows and furniture haven't been modelled.


I'll have to stop being so obsessed with it otherwise my phd will be at stake. No more suicidal 5 hours straight late night modelling!!! Good night.

No comments: