Sunday, February 19, 2006

Check up your car regularly

One day after I got my harddisk failure resolved, my car gave me another surprise!
I went to another AMWA monthly committee meeting on Saturday. I drove to the city parked my car in the Pier Street carpark. After the long meeting which centered around new membership, this coming week BBQ in Kings park and our Prime Minister Badawi's visit to Perth, I went back to the car park and get my car at 12:30pm.

Strange thing happened - my immobilisor didn't respond. It keeps flashing and immobilise my car!! So my car cannot move. The following 1.5 hours, I was there making callssss to find people to help solve the problem. The fact that it was a Saturday really made the situation harder! And it was not easy to get a car electrician that will come out to fix it. And beore the incidence, I didn't know it's car electrician's area of expertise. Tried locksmith and it was no good and the people they refered me to was too busy for the job.

So eventually, I got a friend (Thanks a lot Lingcai!) to make some calls to locate the right person. He agreed to come by at 3pm. I was glad and I had some time to fill up my stomach. So I did that and strolled around the city and got a stereogram book from the secondhand bookshop. I was quite happy by then. :)

The rest was not adrama anymore, the car electrician came by with his son and put a new immobilisor in, messy wiring and awkward working condition in the not-very-well-lit carpark. The electrician's son looks very asian, and it turns out that his wife is Chinese, from JB, Malaysia. Ha!
It cost me $120 for the whole lot. And being in the carpark for another 3 hours after I paid at 12:30pm, I thought I might need to pay some stupid amount of parking again before I can get out. But I told the cashier guy about the incidence and he was very nice to let me go. So, I was happy again. :)

I got out of the carpark, it's 3:45pm! I went to do some quick groceries shopping and got my hair cut too. What a day!

No comments: