Thursday, July 28, 2005

Money comes, money goes!

Part 1:

Monday night I got several missed call and SMS asking me whether I'd reach Margaret River accommodation that night. I was wondering what's going on!! Then I went to check the internet booking I made with that place for next week. To my astonishment, it showed that I actually booked it to be Monday night!!!
So I SMS back and forth with the manager and told her I had no idea how it turned out like that and I was very sorry to had her waiting for me. I also begged her not to charge me a big fee for that... But eventually she said it was my fault and too bad, I got my deposit forfeited! $33 flushed down the toilet!
Well, it was my fault but I really didn't remember anything wrong about the date when I booked. Well, maybe I rolled the scrollwheel right after I chose the date? I don't know.

Anyway, the next day I called her again as requested to make the booking on the right date. No drama, just made sure the date was right and that was it.

At night when I checked my email, the manager wrote "Great news! I was able to transfer your deposit to the new booking! You don't have to eat bread and water." I guessed my sincerity works. I was so very happy! It's like striking a $33 lottery! :D


Part 2:

Today, bad luck stroke on me. I parked my car in front of my carport on Monday because my housemate took the place in the carport already. There are always cars parking in front of the carports although there's a no parking sign on the footpath in front of the carport. So I thought it's not right to park there, but my housemate hasn't got a parking lot and other tenants always park like that... (bad bad bad assumption)

And it turns out that it's ok to park in front of the carport as long as it's not on the footpath!! So I got a $80 parking infringement!!
Sad sad sad! I try all my life not to break laws and ... (sigh)
What's "better" is that one of my housemate told me "Oh, I saw you parked there, but I thought you know, so I didn't tell you."
=.=!!!

It really took me many deep breaths to get over this. Haven't had this kind of emotional challenge for a long while... Eventually, it took me about half an hour to be alright with this event.

But to be frank, I really didn't know about the footpath thing. Or didn't paid attention I think... I've actually park there like that for many times but just nothing happened. So I guess I deserved this, and it's probably a late one already.

Right after that, I was shouting:

This is an era of information, knowledge is money, and the lack of it, costs!"

However again, I went to the website of City of Subiaco and found out that there is a Subiaco Photographic Awards. Took notes on that. I might put something in if I have any by that time...
So as the Chinese saying goes:
塞翁失马 焉知非福
A seemingly good thing may not lead to goodness, and a seemingly bad thing may bring new openings for goodness to come.

No comments: