Tuesday, January 03, 2006

beautiful rainbow on Golden backdrop

This evening I went to airport to pick up a friend coming back from Malaysia. The whole day has been rather warm and a thick layer of cloud has built up in the sky. I set off at 7pm while the sunset was taking place. The city skyline was covered with a layer of lush gold colour. It was so beautiful!

Then the best part happened when I turned from Orrong Rd into Leach Hwy -- a full rainbow arches around the road I was travelling, with the golden dusk backdrop. So beautiful...

Good thing you can only experience it when it happens -- I didn't have my camera with me. Bummer!

[Found on SQ's blog some photos he took at almost the same time at another part of Perth, the colour was a little different though.
posted by Tzu Yen at 2005/01/03 11:57 PM
]

And another bummer that followed was that my friend somehow lost my number and I got only his old mobile number. So we missed each other. I was there waiting and trying everything I could to figure out whether he has left or was still in the security room being striped-search. Haha! I was glad to find out (right after I gave up waiting) that he's got back home safe.
But the next emotion that follows was extreme boredom! Driving back alone for another half an hour after driving there alone was not very enjoyable, given that I was also very hungry.
[ You could tell that because I actually spent $1.70 to buy a freakin 50g pack of potato chips from the vending machine. Ha! ]

Well, the lesson I learnt today is

Double confirm with yourself and others each other's contact details before leaving your base.

It can be very inconvenient or even disasterous when you're on the road and can't get into contact with the very person you come to meet.
A backup plan that both know will also be very useful.

No comments: