Friday, January 13, 2006

The years in Tassie with the engi Barrel

Accidentally found this UTas Engineering society page, and some snaps of me that I don't remember. So many familiar faces, most of them I can't remember their names, or I never knew their names to start with. That was the first time I ventured myself into Aussie mates and I had to admit, I don't understand their jokes 99% of the time. And as I don't consume beer like a fish and support any footy team, there wasn't much common topic to chat about back then.

John Shield and Nick Jones are probably the only two I can remember their names. I worked with Nick in Cadbury (yes, the chocolate factory) as student engineers at the end of 3rd year for 3 months. So I had some more contact with him than others.

But although I don't remember their names, those faces reminded me of my fond time back in Hobart.


This one is from 2001/03/09 BBQ, and I think it's Aaron getting a sausage from me. He's a dad of twins now.


And this one from 2001/03/15 BBQ, The guy is John Shield, president of the Engi Society 2001.


And this is me learning to pour a perfect beer on 2001/03/30 Barrel.

I was so super stylish back then. Haha!

Oh! By the way, if you want to check out those photos linked from the page, I have to warn you that it contains high level of crazy stuffs due to beer intoxication. Haha!
I was quietly observing the crazy world around me during those mega barrel! Amazing!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha just came across your post just then. i happen to be an engi student of utas and currently doing my work experience at cadbury's, actually am meant to be working at the moment, just took a well earned morning tea break thats all... got a little weary of counting the chocolate boxes coming out of the bindler plant, it's good stuff hey.
we're at the midst of getting that engi society back on track. and as vice prez for 2006 i've got some good ideas myself, mostly those taken from you boys of previous years. but the year of 2001 was officially the biggest drinking year at utas ever and the drinking records broken then still hold. we'll do our best this year, but it's good to see a few have survived from that year.
anyways back to it.

alex, 4th year mech-elec utas.

Tzu Yen said...

Hey, Alex, that's a good surprise!
Yeah, I workd on the Bindler shell plant before. Not sure if they eventually changed over to the interface I designed.

If you see Paul Turner or Erik Siedler, help me to say hi to them. Missed my time there.

Wish you every success in your study and engi society events. You'll survive it well too. :D