Saturday, January 28, 2006

In preparation for Chinese New Year


According to Chinese tradition, major house cleaning is carried out before Chinese New Year. So me and David took some time and effort to clean up the crowded living room. Our living room is rather spacious given the side of the whole house, but there are a lot of stuffs, mainly stuffs left behind by our friends, cluttered in the main living room area. So it was not very 'living-able' before the cleaning. We simply don't use that area...

OK, so we spent a whole day throwing things out and did some major rearrangement. We boxed up small items and stacked the boxes. The end result is very pleasing. I'm impressed with the level of improvement on its functionality and look. So I'm very happy with that. And we added a bit of artistic touch to finish it too, hence the bicycle wheel high up. Haha!

Besides the cleaning, we also went to get some new clothes to mark the new year. We went to Harbourtown and did a quick sample of many shops and eventually settled on a $10 shirt from FILA (marked down from $45!! Hehe, good buy!). It's white with red collar and nice patches on the side. It has to be somehow red or bright for the CNY atmosphere.

I also checked out the Nike shop and got myself a pair of running shoes. It looks quite similar to my first pair of Nike. The price is similar too after 40% discount. It's been hard to find a pair of Nike with air with not too outrageous design under $100. This one fits all my criterion and it's comfy. I like it, I like it a lot. It's good shoes. ;)

The pair of Nike I got in 2003 has worned apart a year ago. And I magically found a pair of rather new shoes in my house left behind by my ex-housemate's ex-housemate. So that postpone my search for a good pair of sport shoes for almost a year.

It was a fruitful shopping spree.

No comments: